19.12.09

I just asked cooperation

At the beginning of the old airstrip lions were roaring but I could not find them because they were somewhere in the combretum woodland and I cannot drive offroad.
At the end of the old airstrip other lions were roaring but I could not find them because they were somewhere in the combretum woodland and I cannot drive offroad.
Midway on the river drive fresh fresh lions spoors were smiling at me from the muddy road, 2 lions, male and female, I followed them for almost a km on the road but then disappeared not to be seen again and the lions not to be seen at all.
If this is the idea that lions have of being cooperative I am going to have troubles.
We started the drive at six am and we were back to camp a quarter before one, al the river drive and back from the south bank of the mwagusi.
For the first 5 hrs we did not see cats or ellies, great landscapes, fantastic sighting of giraffes fighting, loads of impalas and zebras, savannah monitor lizards, but no cats or ellies.



The giraffes fight was absolutely great, two male (obviously) went on fighting 2 mtrs fro the car, a serious fight lasting for ever…. At least for what was concerning us because when we left after 20 min they were still fighting, pushing each other with the shoulder to get in the best position to blow a proper punch.






















Eventually we found ellies and cats, first 2 elephants in the distance, then a lone lioness just by the side of a small road that I do not know why my instinct forced me to take, the other 2 lions in the distance spotted by Bakari and in the end two elephants bulls scratching every bit of their body on a sausage tree in front of the car.



Back to camp I had a bit of a fight with the kitchen staff but it was partly my fault, I over react to some faults of them.
Afternoon was a quite drive in mbagi, mostly elephants an landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment