14.12.09

here comes the rain again

Five o'clock in the morning wake up call for an early game drive.
We decided to head for the old airstrip and back on the kimilamatonge road. more after landscapes and breath-taking scenery then wildlife.
My guest was very interested in everything which is the best thing that can happen to a guide, being able to explain everything comes into your mind and having someone actually listening to it is absolutely rewarding.
She was a pleasure to guide, started being interest in birding and loved when we stopped to look at insects on the milk weeds. What can you ask more???
After breakfast I brought her to Mdonya and remained there. On the way we got charged by a very aggressive elephant matriarch that run after us trumpeting for hundreds of meters. strange how some ellies are comfortable with us and some other completely freaked out.
In the afternoon purple crested turaco, african green pigeon, lot's of different eagles (whalberg, tawny, steppe, bateleurs) feeding on termites and buckets of water....

It went on raining all night....
we had dinner all three together, again a happy time and then decided to go to bed, after doing a bit of night safari on the path looking at ground beetles, tiger beetles, scorpions and a nice worm snake.
we were heading to the tents when Mic and I decided to go frogging... good fun and good results.... 4-5 different species of frogs and toads and a white lipped snake.
This was the good part of the day....


... then I had a bit of bad news, one of the person I love most and is most important in my life does not feel well, my toughts and my heart are all for her. I am hugging you with all my strenght. I love you so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment