18.12.09

Guests and Guides

Guests are coming! Normal wake up call, breakfast with Mic and Riaan.
After they left I sorted out a couple of things and went to pick up guests at the airstrip.
I brought Bakari with me, he was a waiter in Beho Beho and then came to Chem Chem where he followed the small training Onno and me did there.
He is a clever guy and I hope will do a good guide with a hard training, he has potential, let’s see if he will stand my expectations.
He drove to the airstrip and did well.
The biggest problem we are facing now is that the rain scattered all the animals so game viewing is a bit poor.
We picked up a family of 4, English, coming from Selous, they are interested even in small stuff and this is good.
The afternoon drive was a giraffes drive, loads of them very comfy and close, but this was almost it, nothing more.
Insect life though is very rewarding, both inside and outside camp, Matabele ants, termites, praying mantice are always a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment