12.12.09

Better days are shining through

Brighter day in every meaning of the words, both outside with a spotless sky at least in the morning and inside with my soul in much better mood.
Some days you do your job some other days you do a job that is not yours. Today I was a mechanic, an accountant, a painter and eventually an electrician.
Early morning, a coverall to avoid getting to greasy and I was under the cruiser with Rashidi fixing the clutch slave cylinder, mid morning with pen and bin cards I was doing stock keeping, a little later I went on checking all the goods we received from town with Dunstan, the chef, just before lunch I was painting the shower platforms in silver and gold.
A male paradise flycatcher came to visit for lunch, peering with his funny blue rimmed eyes through the grass to understand what was looking at him


After lunch was “fundi umeme” time, using the Swahili word for electrician. George and me installed the vhf radio in the cruiser that took a bit of time and some swearing.
I just went out briefly around 6.00 to test the radio and I was lucky enough to spot a small pride of lions. They where a bit far but still a happy ending of the day.
To be honest the best thing of this small drive was the light, it made small things normally overlooked like a lone sycamore fig or a small crèche of impalas something really special.



No comments:

Post a Comment