24.12.09

My family is xmas

Awsome awsome day… early game drive before going to the airstrip, I drove towards Mbagi because the lions were roaring from that area tonight, actually more then roaring was the concert of hissing and growling that makes the usual frame to a lion’s meal.
On the road towards that we saw a giraffe running out of a bush with half placenta hanging out and loosing amniotic liquid.
Looking carefully nearby we noticed the newly born calf, he was not even able to lift up his head, was completely wet and the hooves were still white and soft.
It was born just a couple of seconds before, awesome sighting.



He looked so helpless that everybody would have liked to get out of the car and help hi to stand. We didn’t do that, instead we left the sighting to give the mother a chance to help him.
We drove a couple of km more and we got a nice pride of lions, 2 females, 3 half grown cubs and one big lion. I know this pride, is the one with also the small small cubs that were not visible at this time.
They were just in the open, one of the lioness start also calling a bit.
After that we drove to msembe were I left Carlo and Lorenzo.
Briefly went to camp, picked up my stuff together with the present for Micol and the present from my cousin Daria and drove to mdonya.
I passed the lions again and it was even mor awesome then in the morning, light was good, cubs and females were playing. The male was very interested in some scent and he kept grimacing trying to bring that smell in the vomero nasal organ.



The cubs tried also to play with him but he did not budge, and made it clear showing his massive teeth.



I then drove all the way to Mwayembe and then mdonya.
Thee there were a lot of friends, Michele, Silvia, Micol, Fabiana etc.
We went to have sundowner at Tania point, I felt she was watching us.
Christmas dinner was good even if far from my family, it was not the same but at list I was with friends, I also managed to talk with all my family with skype.

Awsome day

No comments:

Post a Comment