17.12.09

Water Water Water

Water everywhere, all the sand river are flowing after last night rain, what a change of landscape!!!
The big storm created some problems on the tents so we spent the morning fixing tents, a boring job but at least was done.
Got lunch o my tent’s veranda and while I was eating I noticed a small insect, it was a Weevil but it was so well camouflaged that every time I watched away had been difficult to find it again.


Lots of Picasso beetles are buzing aound in every direction..


Edible bullfrog are getting out of the soil after their period of estivation, I found one though that was not fast enough, tried to get out when it was raining but half way the soil got dry again, becoming cement hard, it was hopeless and stuck so I poured water on it and all went fine, it dug itself out and moved to the woods.


In the afternoon I went to fetch Riaan at mwagusi, brought him back to camp and had a fantastic dinner with him and Mic.
Later we went frogging, alates termites were all around and plenty of scorpions and bullfrog were feasting on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment