29.8.10

No eyes

It was an incredible morning but I am so tired now. Thankfully Festo was in the car with me, of 5 cats sightings this morning he spotted 5 I spotted 0. The only thing I spotted was a bat inside a baobab. But let's go with order, kipunji males at breakfast point, both quite sleepy but at least one opened the eyes a couple of times and the light was fantastic, I would not have seen them, one point for Festo.
.

Then after few kilometers Festo spotted a leopard on tree, this time just a second before I did, I would have seen it but again one point for Festo. The leopard was stunning, on a sausage tree with the light of early morning shining all over while a collared palm trush wandered around. It was relaxed and allowed us to stay as long as we wished... The sun playing into his hazel eyes was special.
.


At the bridge a lioness walked up from the water disappearing into the combretum woodland, third point for Festo, I would have seen it but some seconds later.... this is when I started thinking I had left my eyes in camp, theory that came more convincing when Festo spotted three lions on the road before me, theory that was definitely confirmed when again he got the 5th point of the day spotting ten lions the other side of the ruaha river.... We got also other ten lions far far away in the hills but we were told by Owen, nontheless Festo 5, Pietro 0.... Anyway it was a great day but, man-o-man, better I don't forget my eyes again tomorrow.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment