1.6.10

Life in the bush

Living in the bush is weird, i spent all the morning asking myself why I do stay here, the afternoon telling myself how cool is to live in the wild and the evening cursing my own decision to work in a camp.
Going with some order, Rashidi, Festo and I drove towards the river to check how was my favourite cruiser 4 wheel drive working. We entered the sand river and soon realised that it was not working bad, it was not working at all. Took us more then 3 hrs of jacking the car up and down, placing logs under the tyres and pushing to get out of that bloody river, all in plain sun.
Here I went asking myself why I do stay here.
After lunch I went working with the Ahmed the storekeeper and all went decent so at 6 in the afternoon I took all the staff in a small drive to look for lions, we found a lioness on a termite mound under a shady tamarind. She moved soon looking for the others and started roaring to find them, everytime the roar went louder and the last one was awsome.
Here is when I was telling myself how cool is to work in the wild.
Around 7.30 I was called by Rashidi that coming back from the village had a bit of a problem... all the sturds of the left back tyre but one got cut. We had to drive one hour to get to him, fix the problem and drive back.
Here is when I was cursing my decision to work in a camp.
Now looking back the last drive was also rewarding, we saw genet, civet, hyena and white tail mongoose.. so I am still happy to live in the bush.
.

1 comment:

  1. sent you a SMS on your Italian cellphone, do you still have the same number?

    ReplyDelete