20.6.10

Baba na Mama

My father, Beppe, and mother, Fernanda arrived today, I am so happy. They came with two friends, Franco and Cristina who are the parents of one of my best friends.
Usually when you guide people you love at the beginning is a bit weird and so it was today but we were lucky enough to see a couple of lions withing few kilometers from the airstrip and a Verreaux eagle flying over the kopjies.
The funny thing was that the lioness kept watching up in the tree and this is how we spotted a Giant eagle owl, the first owl in my father's life.
In the afternoon I left my parents to Bakari and guided the honeymooners and another sweet english couple, we did not see much but enjoyed for long time a stunning Namaqua dove and eventually spotted two big male lions by the side of the road. Sunset saw us watching the lions with a cold Gin&Tonic in our hands....
.

No comments:

Post a Comment