24.6.10

Kipunj Show

Today with only my parents and friends we decided to go for an ealry full day in order to watch Italy (bad decision because the horrible result!!) with the staff in the evening.
After a dull start with only some impalas and various birds amongs which a beautiful capped wheatear the day changed into a lion's day.
.
.
We got part of the Kipunji pride on a beautiful open grassland on top of the hills. 3 young males and 4 females in the middle of the road, it was soooo cool, good light, nobody around and active lions. they kept moving so we drove in front of them and they slowly came straight toward us. My crew of 4 was chuffed and so was I. We followed them walking alongside the road till we lost them in the bush.
We just drove a couple of kilometers to find all the rest of the pride, other 16 lazy lions dozing both sides of the track. Cubs and big males were amongst the many females.
We spent more then three hours between these two sightings before other cars arrived.
I was happy for me and even happier for my folks.
.

1 comment: