15.7.11

Maradona's smile 04/07/11

Today a English guest just before getting into the plane told me....
I did not know coming here that I would have been brought around by
the Maradona of guides....... now, I know I should not brag about
these things and I also know that is not true but ...... maaaan that
is a proper compliment.... little lies like these make a man happy.
Anyway we looked for leopard every corner of this place but to no
avail.... after guests left I met Owen and we spent the rest of the
day together, we first tried to follow three lioness towards the old
airstrip... we lost them almost immediately and regardless how much we
looked for them we did not find them again.
Bushbuck pride at least was peacefully waiting for us in a stunning
spot on the Ruaha river... cubs in the grass, females on the bank
overlooking the river, big males laying in the bush.
Was a lovely sighting, special also because was long time I was not
around with my friend Owen.
Eventually the pride stashed all the small cubs in the bush... all
except a stubborn little thing.... and moved up in the open towards
the forest.
The sun was setting and the light was warm.. lions stopped several times.
Sitting down in the grass the were posing like in a family portrait.
The males followed, the gray one first and one of the blond ones
second... The blond has been in a fight and has several deep cuts all
over the face... we wonder what happened. More then that, this pride
had three males but since the beginning of this season we see only
two... what happened to the third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment