26.7.11

About lions and buckets 12/07/11

Lions woke me up again, this time around 3 am, I heard rustling in the
leaves very close to my tent, something was walking and the gait was
not the short and fast on of the jackals. I stood up and went to check
out of the window of my tent. In the moonlight I found myself facing a
lion closer then a meter from me. It got scared and moved some meter
distant so I opened my tent and watched outside with my torch, lions
were everywhere.... I love that.
I also could see one lion, just outside of the reach of my torch's
beam, there was something strange about him, the shape of the head was
weird and he was behaving very strange. As he approached I realised
why, his head was stuck in a white plastic bucket, the type we used to
bring water for guest's shower. No surprise if the head was looking
weird, he was obviously blind and he was walking into bushes and trees
and bouncing back, maaan it was fun.... the poor thing was running
mad, I had a good laugh, but after few minutes of laughing I became a
bit worried, what if the lion could not remove the thing?
Tomorrow some guest of this park may spot a lion with the head in a
bucket? and more then that how could he survive? as I was thinking
that he set himself free and immediately relaxed.
The lions moved to the back of my tent, some waking on the ground
sheet on the front. Wonderful.
As they left I could go back to sleep.
Good lions both in the morning and in the afternoon, at breakfast
point, then a lioness of khumi crossing the river and trying with
impala and again cubs at breakfastpoint in the evening.













No comments:

Post a Comment