27.6.11

The Holy Grail 21/6/2011

P-A-N-G-O-L-I-N!!!!  There are no words to explain what i felt when we saw it, a ground pangolin, the holy graal of guiding, the top ranking animal in my wishlist. I was and I still am overhelmed by joy.
We were driving up the road of kimilamatonge when we stopped to watch lesser kudus that as usual disappeared in less then ten second, when something moved out of the thick grass, the guest asked what it was and both me and Festo went.... PANGOOOLIIIIIN.
The guests must have think we were crazy for how we got excited... was unbelievable... I am really short of words... it was something sooo special. He went curled in a protective ball, all the shiny scales creating an impenetrable barrier, then slowly came out and rushed towards a combretum where he stayed for long before heading to the tall grass. When it was at the tree it kept hiding the head and popping it out again giving us a great chance to observe it, its heavy body armour, its long and powerfull claws, its small balck eyes.... I feel emotions even while writing. I will never forget, it was perfect, it was distilled awsomeness.



No comments:

Post a Comment