15.6.11

Glimpse of a Caracal 10/06/11

I have been very very lazy in the last months, I have been guiding in Namibia and all over Tanzania in a long long private safari that was wonderfull, I have been walking in South Africa with my friend Marius and the guys of Bushwise and it was great fun.... but i did not write a single line.... I will write about the highlights of these trips... I will but not now... The new season in Ruaha started more or less one month ago with a big ellie bull at Festo crossing, I had ten days in may where I trained guides of the owner's safari company, Lesesa....



..ten days is not a lot but I could see passion in the eyes of the guides and was again good fun, then I got sick, the 27th of May, very very sick... malaria, not malaria... took coartem, went to Tosamaganga hospital... 5 days there, drips and tests... got out but till now I am still feverish.... we will see...
So far we got three agents in camp.... all nice people... all people with love for the bush... today with the last one we had quite a brilliant drive.
Got lions in the morning, hungry ones... we followed them for long time along th river and when they started stalking impalas we waited.... eventualy they chased ... we lost them and found them again over a dead ewe..... nice job...



In the afternoon we had a bit of surprises.... Serval on the way to mwayembe.... spotted thanks to impalas staring in his direction... then bat eared foxes..... and on the way back CARACAL..... the only problem? the average sighting was maybe 7 seconds... but still.... even a glimpse of a caracal is something absolutely priceless.......
At the spring we also found two nile monitor lizards mating.... funny stuff with the male haveing the time of his life on top of an utterly bored female... and the thing went on for hours....


No comments:

Post a Comment