1.1.10

Happy new year, happy 2010

First day of the year, first early drive of the year. beautiful day with a warm light. Driving along the mwagusi river is a pleasure of saddle bill storks, hammerkops and african openbills.
.

The road are getting better and better but still couldn't go straight to makutano, I had to deviate a bit. The deviation though gave us a nice bat eared fox pup, it was just outside its den, with zebras and impala all around. I am a bit tyred but happy about the day, the sun is high, the bush lush and animls are relaxed. Maybe too relax because we saw very little of them all the way to makutano and back to the tortilis forest. Some nice baboons grooming, some giraffes and nothing more except hippos in the river.
.

Eventually we got ellies near msembe, a half sleeping breeding herd and three nice bulls.
After 6 hrs driving still no lions, something that for this place is quite rare, but in the 7th hour we got a good male by the side of the road to kimilamatonge, and again a cople mating in mdonya juu but way too far.
In the afternoon we went back to see the mating pair and my guest spotted them in a different place, much closer then the morning but in thick bush. We still managed to see the male grimacing after testing the female and to see one mating even if very heidden by the bushwillows.
.


Days go by and the camp and the staff is getting better, it is a bit of a fight and a big challenge to guide all the guest and to manage the camp but it is still fun, sometimes I don't see far, the job seems to close my horizons, but iI realized that is not the job itself, is me, I sometimes keep going with the head lowered under the obstacles. I was watching a red necked spurfowl today and he was wondering in the tall grass, it was there feeding and working its way but then it raised the head over the grass, the light hit it and made me thinking.
May it be a good year for all the ones I love

No comments:

Post a Comment