18.9.11

Grumpy 2 9/8/2011

We looked for Grumpy and lady early morning and we found them at Lulenga juu. The sun was not even up and all was in the shade.They were side by side in the open so i turned the car to have a better look. The wound on the eyes was healing but Grumpy's mood was not, regardless of the fact that yesterday he was all sweet and friendly, he charged us with all his energy. He must not be an early morning guy! Anyway we had again the same show, him growling me shouting him off, him snarling me talking him off, him veering off, me and my guests breathing again.We went further away and looked from what I reckoned was a safe distance, the male was calm, no sign of aggressivity anymore.. Seemed really to be safe distance.... It was not!!The female stood up and the male mated her in the same place, at the end of the session Grumpy started looking at us and while dismounting from the female he charged again. He came closer again and then veered off. Our stand off becoming a game of endurance.... I even heard myself shouting at him to stop this nonsense.I do not know why he charged us again... but I went even further, then the sun rised.... and so the mood of Grumpy. They mated again... and he was peacefull as a bunny... definitely he is not an early morning guy but maaaaaaannn I do not need this adrenalin rush every two days..During all this I could hear buffs from a distance... I felt something would have happened later and it did... they killed a buffalo around midday in the thick bush...... we went back to see them in the afternoon, the pair was there together with Grumpy's brother, the female with the three cubs and a young male with a big wound on the back....and they were happily feeding... again the sun was up and Grumpy was happy......

No comments:

Post a Comment